Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day to another special Daddy, my husband...

My Dear Tony,

Wow, these past couple of days have been awful. I have not been a good wife to you and for that I am sorry.

I am so angry sweetie. I am so sad that we were not able to have babies the way God intended. I am so angry at so many things. I am angry at the 'men' who can make babies right and left, yet won't own up to being daddies. I am angry at the couples who have them 'naturally' and then look down on us at how we have to have them. I am angry at the mumps that robbed you of that ability.

Now that all the anger is out, I want to say that I am also happy. I am happy that you have taken my children in and treated as though they were your own and even more happy with how good you are to 'our' Korinne.

Tony, it says so much about you that you are able to love that little girl and never give her origins a second though. It also says alot about you that you can meet these donors face to face and not feel anything but gratitude towards them. I love to see Korinne and you together. I wonder of you realize how much that baby loves you?

It was so precious the other day walking through the store and when we had to leave her Daddy's section, she cried and said 'dada-dada' so pitifully. It is so cute how she took out her pacifier and put it in your mouth and how she tried to feed you the other day. I love when you bring home those cute little random things for her!

I remember when she was born 14 months ago, how you held her and studied her for what seemed like hours. You waited 48 years to become a Daddy! Maybe this kind gentleman coming out this week will bless us again. Happy Fathers Day to you dear solider, and please know that you are truly a selfless man in so many ways. Thank you for the truly amazing gift you could possibly be giving our family and especially making it possible for Tony to be a Daddy again. You have an awesome little boy and we can see what kind of a Daddy you are to him and we would be so proud to know that while Tony will Dad to any child produced from you, this child would have a wonderful origin to be from!

Even though I have not been as good a wife as I should be these past couple of days, please know that I do love you for what you are and all you have been to all of us.

Happy Fathers Day my love!

Wendy

2 comments:

twondra said...

These letters are so sweet. Thanks for sharing!!

luv_of_saints said...

Thank's Tammy!

I am glad Mark's home and doing well.

Bless you!