Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We had a scare today!

And thank God it was just that, a scare!

After her nap, Korinne seemed to act, well, strange. She seemed very spacey. She would play then stop and lay down and just stare into space.

So, taking NO chances, I took her to the er. I guess the trip proved me to be an over fearful neurotic mother, at least for today. The doctor described what she had as episodic (please correct me if I'm wrong on the name) seizure and said those don't turn into the dangerous kind which goes into status. *Sigh of relief*.

I just hope I'm not turning into one of those overly scared parents who go to the doctor on every little thing but the way I see it, it's better safe than sorry. I will not take that risk considering all that Korinne has been through.

I wish that all doctors were the way this one was we saw today. What a sweet, wonderful soul! He talked to her, played with her, and even took her and walked her around the er. He took time to listen to my fears and reassure the odds are in our favor. Her levels of Diltain have gone up too, PRAISE THE LORD!

It was so hard to get it to a theraputic level but finally! Will I sleep better tonight, well, no, but will I be able to relax a little better for a while, maybe! I will continue to worry always, but I am just so happy today was just a scare. I hope that her seizures continue to stay on a harmless level. I will be having a long conversation with God tonight on that one.

Good night.

1 comment:

marissandantesmommy said...

You are not being paranoid by taking her to the ER.You are being cautious,concerned and caring.What a great mother should be.I hope Korinne is doing well tonight.Take care