Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

Another year in paradise....

Today I am 34. Geez, I am starting to feel old because I recall telling my father "30 was my best year" and 4 years have now passed since.

Little Krinny went to her regular pediatrician and it seemed that visit was a bit more encouraging than Monday's visit to the neurologist. Well, the little piggy gained a pound since last week (no wonder, she's been eating me out of a house and home) and the way she's running around, playing and getting into mischief, you'd never know that less than two weeks ago a machine was breathing for her.

I voiced my anxieties and told her doctor (who I love, she's a wonderful lady) how what her neurologist said scared the hell out of me. You know a doctor really won't come out and dispute another doctor but she looked at me and said this "I can understand your worries but I will tell you this; This child impresses me with how much she has been through and how fast she bounces back and is very unaffected." I guess that gave me some hope but my worry will always be there.

We also had our donor come come last night from WI. I really didn't want to TTC this month but I felt bad because he already took leave to come help us. I think my O has been messed up with this stress so I do not think this is a hopeful cycle but worth at least a try. I think he was late by a day, maybe two. Time will tell. He brought us the yummiest Wisconsin cheese, sausage, and jam I have ever had! So much for trying to lose weight and for avoiding calcium with my kidney stone issues, lol. He's really a wonderful person and anyone would be blessed to have him as a donor.

I know I am blessed to have such a sweet, caring and wonderful husband and wonderful children. I know poor Tony is beating himself up over not being able to take me out to dinner for my b-day, but really, the best b-day presents are these thoughtful cards from him and my children and my Korinne's laugther and smile. Also, a couple of friends took me to a birthday lunch yesterday. It was so funny how Korinne pigged out, lol! She must have put away almost a whole small bread basket. I had dipped a piece of my bread in some oil with Italian seasonings and I turned around for a second and could not find my bread when I looked back around. A quick look at Korinne devouring it really made me laugh.

Well, I'm signing off but before I go, I want to thank those of you who have been there for me through so much hell and pain I have been having lately. You'll never know how much a simple phone call or e-mail means to me.

3 comments:

marissandantesmommy said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I'm glad you got better news from the DR.I think she's right Korinne is one tough cookie.Take care

twondra said...

Happy birthday!!! Glad the doctor made you feel better!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I missed your birthday. I haven't gotten to blogs the past couple of days and I had no idea. Wishing you a Happy Belated Bday. I am so glad Korrine's ped was able to make you feel better.