I woke up this morning and had to pee profusely here at 12 dpo.
I broke down and decided to take an HPT. Oh, at first a very faint line, Tony saw it too. Then after a few minutes, gone. Evaporation line. Gotta love those cheapie tests along with the notorious evap lines they provide!
I am chalking this cycle up to a bust. I know they say that it's not over until AF shows but come on, lets be realistic. Most normal people can get a line on a cheapie at 12dpo. I did with Korinne after all.
As for the rest of the day, not so bad. We had to do some errands which took us closer to the city Tony grew up in. I LOVE going there and seeing his 'old stomping grounds.' I love seeing some of the schools he went to, places he played and his old house (at least where it used to be before it burned down:( amongst many things. Today he took me to the Catholic church where he was baptized and went to school at. The doors were closed but we may go to Saturday afternoon mass there next week.
We then went to visit an old friend of the Therasse family who is battling cancer. We could not stay long and could tell he just wanted some rest after a little while of us being there chasing Korinne. God bless his heart. He looked so miserable.
Perhaps one of the neatest places we went to were this park he played at as a child, where there two little hills. He said he remembered when he used to think the hills were huge. It's so funny how out perspective of things change as we get older. This hill we could practically jump over, lol!
The most remarkable at this particular stop was the water fountain. The same pipe that came out of the ground 40 some years ago is still there! Along with a little stepstone for the little ones to reach. Still the coldest water in Hammond!
Do ya'll know of the movie A Christmas Story? The one where that cute little boy with the dark glasses wants a Red Rider gun? Though they changed the name of the city in the movie, Hammond is where the story took place. We got to go on the street where Gene Shephard, the movies creator, grew up. We got to see the real Warren G. Harding school! They remodeled it in the days since Gene grew up there but it's there. Damn why did I not bring our camera? To top the visit off we went to this little hole in the wall ice cream stand that has been there since way the good old days before the Therasses went their separate ways.
I know for Tony, visiting this town 45 minutes from our home is always a reminder of much happier times. It was a time for him when his mother was still here, him and his sisters were all close, and the only cares he had were getting caught camping out on top of the Knights of Colombus building and being sent home by the nuns with his suspenders in his shoes (not part of the school uniform at all but Tony had no little behind to keep his pants up, hehe, boy times have changed:))
That's it for todays entry.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Sorry about the test. :(
Glad you were able to have some fun!
Post a Comment