Hi all,
As most of you know, Korinne has relapsed with her seizures again and was admitted to Riley's hospital in the ICU early Saturday morning.
They are trying now to wean her off of her venilator. Watching her lay there wanting to be held, feeling sad and scared is killing me inside. If she could just get off of the ventilator, I could hold her and love her and she will recover that much sooner. I want to rip off the nurses and doctors heads when they said my presence is over stimulating her.
I feel as though I am living a total nightmare, one that has occurred three times. I know this is a good hospital and she is in good hands here but I hate being here with a passion. She was doing so well for over 5 months. Will she ever be free of this? Will life always have to be day by day? I feel though, it is my fault because I skipped her last lab drawing. Every week it would be the same. Instead of watching her get prodded and poked for the last lab drawing, I took her shopping. I know I have to be on this one trillion percent and never assume all is well and neglect another lab. Please pray that my precious little sugar pulls through fast and can come home and be back to her old self. I miss the other kids too and Tony. I think it is killing us both that he has to be working instead of here. I hope later this week when he joins us, we can all go home together. Please put that in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you!!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Wendy, it will get better as she gets older and they find just the right medication combination and dosage.
I know it's hard--when it was Little Bit, I didn't think the nightmare would ever end either but it did, not totally but it's been a long time since she's had a seizure. You and Korrine will make it through, just hang on.
Awww, sweetie, you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment