Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Silly teenage girls, what a time to grow up in!





You all know what it was like at 13.


Always worried what others percieved you as. My Alexa, God bless her heart, is no different. I have to say though, I do not think I looked that good at 13. At 13, I was this tall, zit-faced, braced mouthed troll.


At 15 though, wow. I look back on pictures and am like 'Darn I looked good'. At that time though, I didn't think so. I hated myself. I took my hips, breasts, and ample behind as fat. Undesirable. Enter years of eating disorders....Whole other post there.


Poor Alexa. At 13, shes maybe the size of a ten year old. Its so hard to shop where she wants to, Abercrombie, Hollister, because even a zero in juniors is too long. She says all the time shes the only girl not to have her period yet and even worse, breasts.


I see though, this perfect looking being. Tiny, graceful. So smart. Honor roll all her school years,ballet dancer, cheerleading flyer. I guess I am still seething everytime her or one of her friends bring up last weeks incident. A friend of Chads was over skating. Alexa had just finished track and was standing there in one of those skimpy uniforms they wear. I teased her and called her 'hoochie mama' but quickly added how jealous I was of her perfect little figure. Chads friend, we will call 'Eric' says 'Yeah Alexa, you are pretty but I am not attracted to you. You need to grow some boobs.'


Well honey's, you never seen someone move as fast as I did! All I had on my feet to run and chase him down the street on his skateboard was a pair of flip-flops.


Thank God I could not catch him because I think there may be some legalilty to hitting other peoples kids, lol. Thank God for her friends. Big tough Tiara, Lexi's African American friend got a hold of him and made him write a long essay of apology to Alexa. I really love Lexi's group of friends. Yeah, somedays they are bitchy and moody to each other but boy, do they pick each other up when they are down. Most of the girls are Mormon girls and I love the morals these girls have. Not saying being Mormon makes you fool proof for mistakes, geez, look at me, but this particular group of girls do seem to have alot of respect for their fellow humans, more so than the other girls that age.


Well, these are my thoughts for today. All my children have my focus all of the time but somedays one may stand out more than others.

2 comments:

twondra said...

Awww, poor thing...I feel for her. I had no boobs...and still don't. :) I also didn't get my period until I was 15. It was horrible growing up. :( I hope things get better!

Cindy said...

Little Bit will be 13 in Sept. and is mad that she is starting to get boobs (very small, just starting to where she needs to wear an undershirt) and she is mad as hell! LOL

"I don't want stupid boobs and a dumb period can't I take some pill or something to stop it?!"

LOL, poor kids, I wouldn't want to go throught that stage again for anything!