Monday, May 19, 2008

Just another monotonous Monday



We love Korinne's new neurologist!


FINALLY, someone who smiles, listens to us, and does not treat my baby like shes 'just another patient' or us like we're a couple of idiots because we do not have our doctrine in medical science.


The plan is to keep things as is until July and we will start a wean on one of the lesser meds. I hope and pray with all my heart and more that Korinne will be receptive to it. It will be a long time before they will think of weaning her off of the phenobarbitol, thank God! I saw the most adorable book in the office entitled,


'Dottie The Dalmation has epilepsy'.


I hope Korinne outgrows it by the time shes old enough to understand the book though. Not much of else is going on really.


*************************************************************************************

This summer I will be without two of the big kids at a time. The boys will be flying to my parents June 5th - July 7th and the girls July 7th until August 4th.


Right now my heart breaks a little each day when I look at Chad. That tall young man who I have to literally look up to now. Wow. Is that the little baby I felt kick in my tummy? Is that the same one whom was once two lines on a test that I held in my shaking hands senior year of highschool? Is he really the same one I would lay in bed with for hours nursing and cuddling?


Where does the time go? Oh, he is good to his Mommy most of the time. But his Mommy still worries, no matter how big he gets. I worry about the world in which he is in. The friends he hangs with , the choices he makes.


Highschool starts in August. That will determine his college, his future. I hope that he goes back to the smart kid he was when he was in elementary school. When being smart was not 'uncool'. I hope he stays with football. Oh, I was so proud of him this year of football. I don't think there was a day that went by that they need not announce him on the loud speaker at school. He took it all with such humility.


BUT WHY, WHY, WHY, does he say he wants to grow up to be a proskater? Why waste such a great talent on that? Colleges sure as heck do not look for skaters. Maybe he will outgrow it. Or maybe he will serve an honorable mission. I am not pushing him but either or college or mission I would be happy.


Sometimes the kid infuriates me. But never does a day go by that I do not love him. He still tells me he loves me in front of his friends, still calls me Mommy, still hugs me when I need it or just because.


God bless Him and help him to make the right choices.

No comments: