Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Sunday to all! An update of sorts.

More tragedy, but then some good. Very little good but some.

They say deaths come in threes. Our third one last week was our cat of 13 years, Cal. It was indeed a hard and trying time. I know for those who do not love animals, it's hard to grasp why losing a cat could be so hard on people. Try telling that to my children who did not know a moment of their lives where Cal was not there.

Moving along, more Chad trouble. I am thankful at least, for the fact that the missionaries have started coming again and Chad loves them. These two young men assigned to our area were plucked right out of heaven and into our homes in a time when we needed them. Ok, I know, you're going to say you thought I was through with being Mormon. I thought so myself. Old habits die hard and I do not think I can renounce my faith. Do I think there are things that are a little screwed up in some areas, like how self righteous some of the people can be, hell yes. I am really getting so sick of this bandwagon they have jumped on with Propostion 8. It's a slap in the face to all the wonderful gay people I know. Do I believe I have to go through secret temple rituals in order for my family and I to be together on the other side of the veil? No. The word for where I am at now is NOM, New Order Mormon. Sort of a "cafeteria Mormon" if you will...I do however feel this;

*I believe the Book of Mormon to be true.
*I believe in the Word of Wisdom.
*I believe God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy
Ghost are three separate individuals.
*I believe Joseph Smith was a prophet, however, he was
human and did do things in which was wrong.

I know I hated how people would say the gospel is true but not the people. But now, I am in this for me and God, His son, my family, and nobody else. I did enjoy Pastor Tony's church, there was a spirit there which could be no denying. However, I can't renounce my faith and say that it's false. I can say that some of the people of this ward are horribly misguided and some very high and mighty and self-righteous, but you know what? It's on them. They will be answering one day for the hurt and pain they seem to either not care about or enjoy inflicting on others.

For now, my soul and the souls of my family are my main concern. I did go back today and did feel alot of the old familar spirit. Even the bishop was very kind to us. I love some of the new leaders they have too.

In other news, I once again have been bit by the "baby bug". It was only made worse today by going to church and seeing those with little ones Korinne's age already pregnant again or with new babies. I hope my time there is coming soon. I am signing off now. Till later.....

1 comment:

twondra said...

So sorry about Cal. I know how important pets are and how they are a part of the family.