Wow, I've really been negligent lately, huh?
As most of you know, Korinne was once again hospitalized over the weekend. Thank God it was a short lived stay this time.
A combination of low Dilantin levels (told you so neurologist from hell) and an ear infection caused the relapse. Apparently, I was ignorant to the fact that fevers/viruses could cause one who is prone to seizures to have a lower threshold thus causing breakthrough seizures. I can't imagine what the winter months will be like with the kids bringing home all of the wonderful things that they bring home.
I am so happy that the neurology team from Riley's Children's Hospital will be taking over. I am debating over reporting the neuro Dr. Death or Dr. I Don'tGiveaDamn (as per Cindy) to the AMA. The team at the children's hospital all agreed her Dilantins dosage needed to go up. I am so damned sick of hospitals/doctors, etc. I could write more about all of this, but lately, I am so stressed and exhausted that I can't see straight.
Lets just chalk it up to the fact that I have very little faith left in those in the medical field.
Perhaps I can elaborate another time. Adios.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
You guys are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for calling today. It really means a lot! Especially when you have so much on your plate
Post a Comment